Monday, 21 July 2014

Elan Valley Exhibition

Time has come round so quickly and my exhibition at Elan Valley, Powys is here again. 
I have 42 paintings hanging in total now and I have sold one today so I'm pleased. No surprises that it was a gouache piece that was sold,they are always the most popular. The weather is lovely and quite humid, but I sat and drew foxgloves, wood sage and bell flowers as it was quiet. I've decided to paint my Year in the Welsh oak woods painting again as I really miss having this as a centerpiece since it was sold at the SBA show in London. I did not get it scanned or anything so I have no choice but to do it again!
Here's a few pictures of the exhibition.






Below is a view of my drive to the exhibition, over the mountain road with stunning scenery.


And below are some views of the amazing Victorian architecture of the dams at Elan.



If you find yourself in Wales anytime from now until the 1st of August, why not come and visit. 

11 comments:

  1. Sincere congratulations Claire - no mean feat to stage a solo exhibition and so much hard work.
    Congratulations on the sale already and hope you manage to professionally scan for future print options of your beautiful paintings.
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Vicki,enjoying it so far xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the sale Claire. I love it up at Elan, next time you exhibit there I'll come up for the day. I move Thursday and will be a tad too stressed/busy/comatose to make it this year. Hope the rest of the time goes really well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the move goes well Terri, I may do another next year here,it's such a lovely place so I hope so xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations my lovely friend!! I am so proud of you!! I'm also delighted to hear that you will be painting your woodland painting once more, it will be even better the next time around. That's fantastic news about your sale too... I'm sure there will be more! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Shevaun xxxx I hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your show, the pieces look so nice hanging all together and that view is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a shame you did not get a scan, it would have made lovely card! Make sure you do scan all from now on :)
    Congratulations on your solo exhibition, hope it will be a great success!!!
    You have some lovely countryside to drive trough to get to 'work', lucky you :) Must be a permanent inspiration to live somewhere like that....
    Keep us posted on your endeavours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much Rhonda and Alena xx yes I will make sure I get them all scanned from now! It is a stunning place and it's so hot at the moment, I want to jump in the reservoirs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Claire, your exhibition looks wonderful. I would have loved to have seen it so it is a treat to see your photographs of all your beautiful work.
    I hope you had lots of visitors who appreciated your skills and all the time you have spent creating this exhibition. Well done.
    Autumn seems to be creeping in the hedgerows and it feels so chilly. I have been walking and collecting my usual subjects. Lords and ladies time and I have been slowly working on a drawing. Will post soon on my blog.
    Hope you are painting, so enjoy your work. The valley is so pretty, inspiring place to be so close to nature. Looking forward to seeing your next oak wood painting...even better than the first. Milly x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much Milly, it all went very well. Wish you could have visited too. I'm looking forward to seeing your lords and ladies, I'm working on some at the mo! They're gorgeous subjects. xxx

    ReplyDelete