Tuesday, 4 June 2013

Iris in Gouache


Iris sibiricas in gouache ,just completed. Not sure how I managed it as work has got steadily busier but fitted it in somehow. These Iris are my favorite garden flowers, I love the golden edges and patterns on the fall petals, a little like animal print! Consequently they are the garden flower I have painted the most. I have used a gold gouache paint by Winsor Newton on the patterns and some leaf edges. It is very subtle and only caught in a certain light. 
Having wonderful weather at the moment in Wales, too hot to paint almost (and definitely too hot to work!!!) How very rare but most welcome.

11 comments:

  1. Thank you Bella and Vicki xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. molto bello! I always have in my mind the idea that I'll come to you to learn your Gouche tecnique, if you would like to teach it to me, obviously!
    Brava

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love your gouache work Claire, always so vibrant and gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blue, very striking and beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations for your work !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowwweee - this one is absolutely gorgeous - what elegance and grace. Well done - another corker

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow thanks for these comments, making me feel better xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...