Monday, 10 December 2012

Exhibition, 'Oaks and Orchids'

I now have dates for an autumn exhibition next year, from the 26th October for one week or so. 
It is being held in the beautiful Elan valley center in Powys,which is very nature orientated and so will suit my work really well. It is called 'Oaks and Orchids' and will represent the nature of the Elan valley and habitats of west Wales. I have plenty of time for working in the valley next summer to paint the orchids and other beauts I can find (hopefully). It's exciting as it's my first solo exhibition.

 
 
 
   Meanwhile I'm still painting mushrooms! These common ones I've found growing in conifer woodland near my home. They are from the left; Common yellow Russula - Russula ochreleuca, False Chaterelle -  Hygrophoropsis aurantiaca, and a slippery Jack - Suillus luteus,with 3 types of moss, a Scots pine cone and needles.

6 comments:

  1. Very beautiful and delicate, really well done !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again beautiful work Claire :) Huge congratulations on next years exhibition! I think I shall need to have a trip to Wales, how exciting :) Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Julie,Yay,that would be great. Shame I'm such a long way away xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh these look tasty! Now that could be taken either way, tasty as in yummy, or tasty as in extremely well done as usual Claire.Like Julie, I feel a trip to Wales to coming on. XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jarnie, xxx hope your diploma is going well ,it would be lovely to meet you xxx

    ReplyDelete