Saturday, 17 November 2012

Fungi finished


The finished piece. That's after fiddling around for a bit but I think I'm finally happy with it.
Added touches of quinacridone gold, quin. burnt scarlet and quin. deep gold. The green I used was serpentine genuine, from Dan Smiths,in fact all these paints are from Dan Smiths. The serpentine is a Primatek paint made with minerals, and has a brownish after glow perfect for these dying fronds.

Here's an interesting link about these paints.

Hmmm. what next?


 

10 comments:

  1. WOW this is so beautiful Claire, can't wait to see what you do next :)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire, it's beautiful!! You have such a delicate hand with your paintings and the colours are perfect. I want Daniel Smith paints now too (not that I don't have enough!). Well done! How about something seasonal? x Shevaun

    ReplyDelete
  3. to you both xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful! So delicate. Fantastic! I love your work. :)
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous piece of work Claire, love it. I like that you spot things on the roadside, not just me. The toadstools are a great subject but you have to work quickly before they go off. How big is the paper ? I love your fine attention to detail and your work is so beautifully neat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Milly, Its quite a big piece ,approx. 20 by 16"ish. Yes you do have to work quickly , good for self discipline!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Claire, This has an almost magical look to it, with the delicate fern frond dancing in the background--gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much Janene xxx I love that.
    Good luck with the final assignments xx

    ReplyDelete