Sunday, 22 April 2012

The Cherry

Finished the cherry blossom gouache today, after 35 hours spent on it. Have enjoyed it though and quite pleased with it; gouache is a love, hate medium for me.
 Now I ought to do some more transparent watercolours as its quite easy to get out of practise, but I'm waiting for the wild orchids to come out.


The SBA exhibition in London is in full swing now but I cannot go as work is too busy (and the expence!)
My friend Alena took a photo of the paintings for me though *thank you*and I've sold one, the Iris gouache.


They are the 3 down the left and the 2 in the middle. Not sure I should have put the Gladiolis in as I'm not keen on the composition, should of curved them somehow. However this plant is very stiff by nature and so portrayed truly.
If you can get to the exhibition its very worthwhile and inspirational.

10 comments:

  1. Hello Claire!Perfect cherry blossom!!!So much work but so wonderful result!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again, you finished it and the blossoms do look lovely. It's always good to see one's artwork framed and hanging in a gallery. All beautiful work Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cherry blossom is great! Your work with gouache is beautiful. I understand the buyer of the iris, it looks great framed.
    It is nice to see your work framed and together. Some paintings are smaller than I expected (e.g. the gladiolis). The gouache paintings look great with the dark frames.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hermosas obras Claire, un saludo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never worked purely in gouache so don't know the ups and downs of that medium. However, your painting is so elegant and beautiful!! I can't imagine putting in 35 hours on one painting, though. I'm a fast and furious kind of painter, myself!! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are superb, simply stunning. The colours you have chosen work so well together; I feel as if I am laid back on the soft grass looking skyward.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cherry blossom is wonderful Claire!!! Beautiful! Your paintings in the exhibition look great, all of them. The Gladiolis do not come up in full glory in the photo, they are beautiful in real! I will be going back to the exhibition next weekend and am looking forward to see all your works again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Cherry blossom Claire, the background colour is perfect, like a dark cloudy day.

    ReplyDelete