Sunday, 15 April 2012

Cherry Blossom

I have been working on a painting of cherry blossom, mainly the mornings as I work most evenings. I actually have a night off tonight, so I've time to update the blog!
This is so far- 14 hours in. Its quite engrossing and I'm enjoying it so far but struggling with some bits too. The white paint can be troublesome to apply.





Here are the colours I've used so far, only 6 and white.

Its also the run up to the SBA exhibition with the private view on Thursday. I'm still not sure if I can make it due to work, got some large bookings coming up. I hope I can make it as so many lovely people are meeting up there.

While working on my painting yesterday, I looked up through the velux window and noticed that I had an onlooker; a beautiful Jay.    Happy sunday xx



16 comments:

  1. Wonderful work! Hope you will make it on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks xx hope so ,would love to meet you guys xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Claire:blossomed right on paper, beautifully! I hope you will finish before Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading this made me realise how in tune with nature you are. I would guess it takes as long for you to paint a blossom as it does for the bud to burst and flower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Un trabajo exquisito, precioso. Un saludo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Che bello Claire!!!! Thanks to have posted colors used. I hope I'll learn from you. May be you can do a workshop in future, brava111

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work Claire - it looks effortless... I do hope you can manage the SBA private viewing. Such a dear wee bird!! Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cherry blossom is looking really good Claire. The colours you have mixed are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cheers everyone xx enjoying this but can't go to the exhibition :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's really beautiful! Can I ask you what is your favourite mark for gouache?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Claire, my favourite gouache is Schminke artists and Winsor Newton

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also love your cherry blossom, and the white study too, by putting them on the blue background works so beautifully. Hope you have a lovely weekend .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice work so far, I'll be sure to check back. Your jays are way different that our blue jays, he's very pretty too. They're curious birds, maybe he wondered what you were working on.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely beautiful .. so delicate and life like.

    ReplyDelete