Sunday, 18 December 2011

Autumn Treasures



Just finished the Autumn Treasures painting;putting in the seedpods, crab apple, little oak leaf and 2 dandelion seedheads to fill the gaps!! An enjoyable painting for all the detail in there,which is my favourite part of the process. Also playing with the paints to get more interesting biege,brown -autumn colours. I love Dan Smiths Quinacridone gold for this palette but I found that it is very staining!
 I hope you like the painting. 
Happy Christmas - Nadolig Llawen  xx

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Claire, love the composition with the delicate feather at the centre. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I like the painting! Lovely reds and yellows (golds)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful work. Your post sounds a little final and I am not sure of this is because you have finished an epic piece or if this is your last post before Christmas.

    I hope you have a beautiful and peaceful time, and look forward to seeing you in the New Year.

    P.S. I have just seen your pink fungi on tree in your flickr stream (opposite this message as I type). It looks like a rude fairy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone,Bella, It looked just like a pert bottom with a beauty spot! Not a final post I hope but no more before Xmas- I doubt I'll get my Amaryllis done before- Hope you have a great time too xxx

    ReplyDelete