Wednesday, 13 April 2011

The SBA

 
Today I received my SBA (Society of botanical artists) membership certificate,slightly late as I couldn't get to London to collect it;I was proud to become a full member last February.Unfortunately I wasn't able to go to the exhibition this year,(which is on at the moment in Westminster), due to work pressures.

Its an amazing show and worth visiting,with around 700 paintings to peruse;a great source of inspiration.I will definately try and exhibit next year so I'd better get painting some more.

9 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats to you Claire. You deserve to be on the list. Love the daffodils, btw ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Claire - that's just fantastic!! You must be absolutely thrilled. London based artist and blogger Katherine Tyrell http://www.makingamark.co.uk has written an excellent review of the exhibition for those of us who are unable to attend.

    Lovely daffodils :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much xxxx
    Yes its great that Katherine does these reviews to keep us in touch xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice work, I have many of the same species in my own garden here in Southern Ontario.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Very well deserved.

    I like the daffodil study too, it's so hard to get yellow flowers right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Claire, you join an august list of artists! I am happy for you. Thanks for posting you work online so I can enjoy and learn from it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Janene,thats so kind and lovely of you xxx

    ReplyDelete