Tuesday, 15 March 2011

Spring is coming

Spring will soon be here,bringing much needed colour and warmth(hopefully!!)

I've been working on some mini dafs,for ages it seems,so I'll post what I've done so far.

Its hard to paint yellow flowers,too quickly they can turn muddy or dirty coloured. These 'Golden Dawn' Narcissus were shaded first using ultramarine violet watercolour, and then very carefully, yellows placed on top,without disturbing the underlayer.

Incidently,I always use artists quality Winsor and Newton watercolours but I have some Schminkes and Senneliers too. For the Paperwhite Narcissus I used Davys grey and greens, which I usually mix myself;my favourite mix being Winsor yellow and Ultramarine. I don't know when it'll be finished but I'll keep posting snippets.

No comments:

Post a Comment